Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 is the Year of Love

Sunday, I heard a message at church that set the tone for my year. Our pastor's daughter is a missionary with YWAM (Youth With a Mission), based in Hawaii, and she travels the world, supervising, initiating and offering support to youth who are spreading the Gospel around the world. She is 20 something and celebrates five years with the organization.

Arriving later than usual, but not so late for my family (after worship music, and today, after meet and greet, and the offering), we probably missed the first 5-10 minutes of her message, but came just in time for the meat of her story.

Her message was this; If we are to be the hands and feet of Jesus, the only way to ensure it is to show it with love. She showed a short video that exemplified love with a missionary and his wife's example by living in Nepal and serving and giving to the poor there. They arrived with a mission to share Jesus, but their example of self-sacrifice demonstrated Jesus's character. By observing their loving their actions, people wanted to know how and why they were there. All the inquirer had to do was ask, and the missionaries were able to share how they had been impacted by Christ, and were thus motivated to serve. She went on to share that we can adopt this attitude if we are willing.

God is Love. Love can be found in everything. It can be shown in millions of ways. If I think LOVE, how can I speak, think or behave badly?

If you think, "I cannot do that," as I am prone to doing, remember the beginning words of Psalm 23, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." Where there is a will, there is a way. God will provide what I need to share that love that I have in this new year.



No comments: