Thursday, December 20, 2012

Brainstorming and Writing

Every year, I say that I am going to write at least one post a week. This year has been a miserable attempt that I can always blame on - I'm too busy, or I'm not creative right now, or I have nothing to write about. No excuses this year, even though I was just interrupted from writing for about 10 minutes.

My plan for 2013 will be what I did for my two daughters when they were younger every night before they went to bed. After reading a story or two - sometimes a picture book and sometimes a chapter book, I would have them give me two things - a name, an idea, a thing, a place, an animal or any other topics - and I would make up a story. For my blog this year, I am going to make lists of places (worldwide, home and office bound), things (foods, accessories, toys, cars, gadgets, etc.) and people (male/female, old/young, daring/timid and other characteristics). Each week (because my goal is 50 blogs) I will choose two items and either incorporate it into current events, address the meaning of them or make up a fantasy story.

So - Look forward to some good writing in 2013 - and you may just see more than 50 blogs!

Merry Christmas!



No comments: