Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Book Cook

I've just decided that my book must have some aspect of cooking in it - if not the whole theme - maybe a cookbook? I have the general concept of the book which is about the life of a citygirl who grows up and has babies and then moves to the country with her husband who travels all the time. The lifestyle there is very different, and she embraces it, because she sees that many of the people she now lives near were once cityfolk themselves. But the lies, the deception, the failures as well as the joys, the successes and friendships that she sees and endures will make it a page turner!
Back to the cooking - as I sat here at my computer, attempting to write and edit (for work) I decided to cook something substantial, yet quick, to get my brain going. I sliced a piece of Asiago cheese bread, pulled out some eggs, onion, fresh garlic, butter and poured a bit of olive oil in the pan. The small skillet heated up while I chopped the onion and peeled the garlic. I scraped the onions into the hot pan, added a small piece of butter in and stirred. When the onions began to turn clear, I squeezed in the garlic from its press and stirred some more, then pushed down the bread in the toaster. The eggs had been cracked into the bowl and whipped, and as the smell of garlic wafted off the pan, I poured in the eggs. As they sat, the toaster popped up and I put a pat of butter on it to melt as I stirred the eggs. As they became firmer, I pulled the grated mozzarella cheese and salsa from the refrigerator. After sprinkling the eggs with cheese, I spread the softened butter on the crispy toast and cut it in half. The eggs came out of the pan and I spooned a hearty portion of salsa to the side of the eggs. Yum-yum.
There's nothing I like describing more than food, and so that must be incorporated in my book!
I love to share recipes too. :-)

No comments: