Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Is It Alzheimer's?

Am I in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's disease? Key indicators:

Start a sentence and can't finish it.
Put things away and can't remember where they are.
Cannot remember names - family, friends and acquaintances.
Don't remember words to express what I'm talking about.

This would be described as MCI, or mild cognitive impairment in the textbooks, because I can still perform all the ADLs, Activities of Daily Living, and my language, attention, cognitive function and verbal ability are still okay. I have found some information at www.issueswithalzheimers.com, and there are a whole slew of informative sites from our dear government promoting awareness of the disease.

Of course, it could be that I just have too much on my plate, with two active children and a husband to maintain. Also, the fact that I'm writing and working for about five different clients every week could have something to do with it ...

No comments: