Saturday, April 26, 2008

No Complaining

On Monday, my brother-in-law, a paraplegic pain managment physician, was admitted to the hospital with a high fever and high white blood count with a severe infection.

That same evening, a friend who is also my daughter's Girl Scout leader said she had just returned with her husband from the oncologist in planning chemotherapy for the next year for his rare cancer.

Wednesday, I received a text message from my sister in law, telling me that her daughter was back in the hospital after only two and a half weeks, suffering yet again from terrible pain of colitis, and not able to keep anything, food-wise, in her body.

Last week, my mother-in-law lost two friends to cancer and illness.

Our nephew, a US National Guard volunteer, last week heard that he would be sent back to Iraq in November, and his term with the Guard was to end in June.

My husband's business is at the cusp of greatness. Our older daughter is excited, yet hesitant about middle school next year. Our younger daughter is going camping at the zoo tonight. My days are filled with working at the school, for my husband and my mother, and at my home fulfilling the responsibilities of wife and mother.

Am I complaining about my personal life now? Not any more.

No comments: